Here are six little known facts about plumbing that you probably never knew!
At Atlantic Mechanical, we not only know plumbing in and around Maryland, we also know a lot of interesting facts about it. Here are six little known facts about plumbing that you probably never knew!
1) In 1596, the first flushable toilet was invented by John Harrington (godson of Elizabeth I).
2) The word “plumber” comes from the Latin word ‘plumbum’, which means ‘lead’. This is also why lead is abbreviated as Pb on the Periodic Table.
3) Albert Einstein was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union after he had announced that he would be a plumber if he had to live his life all over again.
4) The average person spends three whole years of their life on the toilet! Make sure you have a decent magazine to read in your bathroom!
5) The average household wastes around 10,000 gallons of water a year just from waiting for the water to warm up.
6) It’s a common misconception that water in the northern and southern hemispheres go down the toilet in opposite directions. It simply depends on where the toilet jets are positioned!
And there you have it! Check back in next month for the latest industry news!